Stay tuned this summer…
for all of 2014′s unique Race Details!
One of America’s Prettiest Half-Marathons
Through Lexington, Kentucky’s majestic Thoroughbred Farms
Most major races are held in their host cities’ downtowns. Very urban environments. But not RunTheBluegrass. We not only start and finish on some of the most beautifully manicured property in the United States on Keeneland Race Course, but our course traverses through multi-million dollar Thoroughbred Farms that you never get to experience anywhere else on the planet.
And combine our 13.1 miles with a weekend of Kentucky Bourbon Trail distillery visits (and tastings if you’re lucky!), Lexington’s unique restaurants and shops, plus tours of some of our most famous Thoroughbred Farms, you’re not just running a race, you’re experiencing life at its grandest.
And on top of all of Lexington’s natural wonders, we design our race so you’ll never forget it. Our Race Amenities are 100% world-class, just like our sightseeing!
RunTheBluegrass 2014 Fast Facts:
- Race Day will be Saturday morning, March 29th, 2014
- We are capping 2014′s registration at 5000 runners
- We are expecting runners from 45+ states and 6+ countries
- We start and finish on Keeneland Race Course’s legendary grounds. See our full course map, here.
- 2014 will be our fourth year racing
- 2014′s Race Expo and Packet Pickup will be Thursday & Friday, March 27 & 28th, also at Keeneland
- Hal Higdon, author and Runner’s World writer came to 2013′s Race Expo and was one of our Honorary Starters!
- Raise your hand if Hal autographed your bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey!
- 2012 brought with it our special label Maker’s Mark Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey caricuture bottles, autographed by Penny Chenery, owner of the legendary Triple Crown Winner Secretariat
- 2013 meant a different small batch Kentucky bourbon – special label Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve bottled from our very own RunTheBluegrass barrels, hand-selected (and definitely tasted, don’t misunderstand!) by ten of our very own runners!
- March 31, 2012 was proclaimed “Kentucky’s Statewide Day of Running” by Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear
- 2011′s race was held in the esteemed Kentucky Horse Park and throughout the grounds of Fasig-Tipton
- RunTheBluegrass is hosted & organized by the 100% local non-profit LeXenomics Group. To learn more about LeXenomics and our other projects, freely visit LeXenomics.org.
New in 2013!
- Because of our fantastic growth over our first three years, we’ve now hired a dedicated Athletes Services Coordinator! Email Rachel [at] RunTheBluegrass [dot] org with all of your race questions!
- On race morning again in 2014, we will now have a Gear Check station available for your belongings.
- Thanks to Kentucky American Water and Bluegrass Pride, so we can be as environmentally friendly as possible, we will have “BYOB” hydration stations available along our course this spring! Instead of using our paper cups (which are recyclable, at least) you can bring your own water bottle and refill it as needed at our course’s many hydration stations.