Over the years, we've received an increasing number of requests from I Run 4's runners for additional Finisher Medals for their buddies... so this year, we decided to go 1000 steps further! We're making it an entire family reunion!
Tim Boyle, Founder of I Run 4 (IR4), his wonderful wife Stephanie, and four of IR4's staff (Carol Dublin, Lesley Larson, Melanie Dittrick and Amy Courts) are all coming to RunTheBluegrass this April to race with us, we've hired a dedicated IR4 at RTB '16 Coordinator, plus we have crafted special hospitality plans just for your IR4 at RTB 2016 Race Week Experience!
So if you are an I Run 4 Runner, make sure you tell us so you're sure to be included! (See instructions below.)
What You Receive as an I Run 4 at RunTheBluegrass 2016 participant!
- Get to meet and hang with I Run 4's Founder, Tim Boyle, and his wife Stephanie, plus four of their staff members, all of whom are coming to Lexington to race with us this spring!
- Receive a complimentary additional RunTheBluegrass 2016 Finisher's Medal just for your IR4 buddy at our Finish Line!
- Group hospitality amenities for each of you, near our Start / Finish Lines! This includes a private tent for you to meet your fellow IR4 participants and the IR4 staff, as well as your own friends and family, with extra water and bananas included!
- Complimentary, professional IR4 at RTB '16 photograph opportunities - individual and group photos, both - with your buddy's Finisher Medal and your friends / family!
- Access to our private IR4 at RTB '16 facebook group where you can get to know your fellow IR4 runners before Race Day even gets here!
Join the I Run 4 at RTB Social Team!
If you've already registered for RunTheBluegrass 2016, you can let Tim, Stephanie, the IR4 staff and our own IR4 Coordinator, Jill, know you're coming by joining their "social team" inside our online registration software (RunSignUp).
See these simple instructions, below!
Step 1: Inside your 2016 registration confirmation email, click on the blue "Manage Registration" link.
Step 2: Once inside your RunSignUp RunTheBluegrass 2016 registration page, click on "Social Team"
Step 3: Click on "Join Social Team" and then click on IRUN4
Step 4: Click on the gray button "Update Social Team"
Email our IR4 at RunTheBluegrass Coordinator, Jill [at] RunTheBluegrass [dot] org
About I Run 4
I Run 4 is a non-profit organization founded in January 2013 by Tim Boyle, who was inspired to run for more than health and weight-loss by a viral meme saying, “I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can’t run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them.” When Tim shared the meme, Michael, a 50-something man with Down Syndrome, replied, “You can run for me any time!”
Launched as a private group of 10 runners and buddies with special needs (20 total) who shared workouts and health updates in a private setting, IR4 has rapidly grown to over 22,000 members and nearly 7,000 matches, with 3,500 athletes waiting, within 18 months.
As of September 2014, the four branches of IR4 serve over 30,000 members and 11,000 matches collectively, across all 50 states and in 28 countries.